Everyone wonders if they’re ready to take the plunge. No, not marriage… Homeownership! There are dozens of reasons to own your own home rather than rent, and most of them come down to freedom. Freedom from a landlord. Freedom from décor you didn’t choose. Freedom from rent that earns you nothing.
- No more random rules about pets, guests, or noise from a cranky landlord. Your house… your rules!
- No more arbitrary rent hikes or eviction notices from that same cranky landlord. A fixed rate mortgage is FIXED! And your home is YOURS!
- When you own your home, you can have the kitchen you want. You can move walls, buy brand new appliances, or paint everything whatever colors you want. These types of changes are not possible for renters.
- One-story or two? Three bedrooms or four? Basement or front porch? Many builders have lots of inventory to choose from, so you’re sure to find what you want. And these new models are energy efficient, and more affordable to own. That means great choices, as well as great prices.
- You’ll save on taxes. You can deduct the mortgage interest rate from your income taxes and get a tax break on capital gains when you sell.
- Rent is a down payment on nothing – except lining your landlord’s pockets. Owning your own home is a great investment in yourself. One that gives you a tremendous sense of freedom.
- Assuming your home is priced right, the economy will reward you with a great return on your investment. Your home isn’t the stock market and you shouldn’t view it as a way to get rich, but as the economy grows, real estate prices grow, too.
Elite Homes builds beautiful garden home communities perfect for baby boomers 55+ – featuring, single-family, low-maintenance homes, in a relaxing and convenient locations around Louisville.