A solid home requires a solid foundation; an upstanding builder with deep roots and an impeccable reputation. For over 40 years, Elite Homes has solidified itself as that company, making us a trusted partner through the most significant changes in a home buyer’s life.
Our commitment to excellence is our commitment to our buyers. We understand that we’re not just building their house. We’re building their home, their sanctuary, a place for family gatherings and celebrations. We work tirelessly to make their dream home a reality.
Working in the homebuilding industry is a rewarding experience that allows you to be a part of a team that delivers that dream. We don’t just sell and build new homes; we also manage the business and its team members, acquire land, develop land, provide customer service, and have accounting and administrative functions that support our business operations.
Summary of Position Requirements
As a Construction Superintendent, you’ll be responsible for the quality construction of our customer’s homes. You will oversee the entire home building process and manage millions in spending to build those homes. You’ll draw upon your experience in the construction industry to follow-through on company construction standards and will offer fair, prompt, and courteous attention to address customer concerns and manage that customer relationship.
- Schedule and supervise trade partners utilizing job schedules and trade scopes of work.
- Oversee the construction, inspection and scheduling of the entire home to ensure the home is completed within the allotted cycle time.
- Authorize trade payments, on a timely basis, confirming work done in accordance with building codes, scopes of work and approved architectural plans.
- Ensure all work is done by trades meets or exceeds quality standards.
- Conduct Pre-Construction and Customer Orientation meetings with customers.
- Strive to deliver a “Zero Punch List” home at time of Customer Orientation and obtain full sign off any items prior to closing.
- Manage and maintain inventory/showcase homes, models and sales center.
- Accountable to manage and minimize base home variance costs (VPOs).
- Update customers and sales representatives weekly regarding the progress of home(s) under construction
- Provide trade partner feedback to your supervisor concerning the trade partner’s overall performance.
- Maintain records of all change orders, purchase orders and inspections in assigned community.
- Approve trade partner POs upon satisfactory completion of work and validate all material deliveries for quantity and condition.
- Walk assigned homes twice a day at a minimum
- Ensure job site cleanliness, Safety and SWPPP compliance as required by State & Federal guidelines as well as company policy.
- Attend construction meetings and training classes as scheduled
- Able to manage a high volume of homes
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Must possess strong time management & organizational skills
- Must Possess strong interpersonal skills
- Must be computer literate and comfortable using phone applications, word and excel
- Must have current Driver’s License and good driving record
- Must have valid auto insurance
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Some college preferred
- Construction and/or customer relations experience is a plus
- Knowledge of practices and procedures of construction and building codes
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints