A solid home requires a solid foundation; an upstanding builder with deep roots and an impeccable reputation. For over 40 years, Elite Homes has solidified itself as that company in metro Louisville KY. In so doing, we’ve been named Louisville’s Builder of the Year, America’s Best Builder, and proud sponsor of Extreme Home Makeover not once, but twice.
As an industry leader, we operate a growing and diverse business enterprise by acquiring and developing our own land, building and selling our own homes, providing great customer service after the sale, and supporting business operations with a dedicated accounting and administrative support team.
Our mission is to build great neighborhoods and homes for people to celebrate life. In support of that mission, Elite Homes became a subsidiary of Arbor Homes, a Berkshire Hathaway Company in 2019. Our new home offerings now include the Arbor Homes product line which caters to first-time home buyers, as well as Elite’s Garden and Patriotic series homes targeting move-up and empty-nester market segments. Together, Elite + Arbor Homes provides new home buying options to all segments of the metro Louisville market.
Join Our Team:
Our recent growth and success has created the need to add a Manager of Land Planning & Entitlements to our dynamic organization. Jump right in. Take the lead. You’ll have plenty of opportunity to help drive results and shape the future of the organization. We’re looking for a high energy superstar to join our Land team!
As the Manager of Land Planning & Entitlements you will be responsible for successfully managing all aspects of land planning and design details for multiple single-family residential subdivisions, together with timely and effective navigation of governmental permitting and approval processes at the local, state, and federal levels.
You will report to the V.P. of Land Acquisition & Development and work in cooperation with internal teams in Land, Construction, Sales, and Purchasing/Operations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Consults with external engineers and land planners on design and layout of conceptual plans for new residential subdivisions.
- Oversees the work of engineering, environmental, and geotechnical consultants in the preparation of subdivision plats and engineering construction plans, specifications, and details.
- Coordinates and consults with local, state, and federal government representatives to determine project design specifications, approval processes, and timelines for achieving project objectives.
- Performs regular plan reviews for compliance with construction specifications and expectations for grading, drainage, setbacks, and other site details.
- Manages timely preparation and submittal of zoning, subdivision, and utility applications and agreements.
- Maintains working knowledge of municipal land use codes and ordinances applicable to residential subdivision development.
- Coordinates and reviews due diligence packages and site inspections for development related issues.
- Contributes to the establishment of project scopes, schedules, and budgets.
- Reviews cost and schedule proposals from site contractors and makes recommendations for contract award.
- Facilitates and attends stakeholder meetings, including public hearings, neighborhood meetings, and civic organizations.
- Prepares and presents project materials at public hearings and stakeholder meetings.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders to ensure timely and cost effective delivery of developed lots.
- College degree in engineering, urban planning, landscape architecture, construction management, business management, or related field of study;
- Professional certification (PMP, PE, PLS, RLA, AICP) is desirable;
- Must possess a valid driver’s license;
- Five (5) years of project or program management experience in the construction or land development industries;
- Working knowledge in use of various computer software applications, including Autocadd or similar;
- Ability to comprehend and interpret variety of engineering and construction principles, techniques, procedures, criteria, plans and specifications and related data;
- Ability to exercise independent judgment to anticipate and solve problems, determine project objectives and requirements, organize and prioritize tasks and activities to achieve project and program objectives;
- Ability to determine accuracy and relevance of information, and use sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives and make recommendations and,
- Ability to formulate and lead internal and external multi-disciplinary teams, and work in cooperation with peers, supervisors, and subordinates to achieve project and program objectives.
Difficulty of Work:
Work performed varies from routine to high degree of difficulty. Work requires knowledge of engineering and construction, contract documentation, program organization and administration, design, estimating, and scheduling of work. You will perform the work within established guidelines and exercise good judgment and decision-making regarding projects and program-level work.
You will be expected to effectively and efficiently manage multiple projects and priorities in multiple phases at any given time. The projects managed will vary in size, scope, schedule, and cost. In addition, you will monitor and manage all projects and programs to maintain compliance with local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
Personal Work Relationships:
You will have daily interaction with peers, supervisors, and subordinate employees, consultants, contractors, elected officials, and the general public. You must maintain a high degree of professionalism, respect, tact, and diplomacy at all times.
You must be able to navigate active construction sites and unimproved project locations as needed.
You will work primarily in an office environment or remotely on occasion. You may be required to travel within and throughout the Louisville metro area, including to/from Elite’s corporate office in Indianapolis, IN periodically. You may be exposed to hazardous conditions when conducting field checks, and may work varying hours as needed.