Overview – Construction Project Assistant
A solid home requires a solid foundation; an upstanding builder with deep roots and an impeccable reputation. For over 40 years, Elite Homes has solidified itself as that company, making us a trusted partner through the most significant changes in a home buyer’s life.
Our commitment to excellence is our commitment to our buyers. We understand that we’re not just building their house. We’re building their home, their sanctuary, a place for family gatherings and celebrations. We work tirelessly to make their dream home a reality.
Working in the homebuilding industry is a rewarding experience that allows you to be a part of a team that delivers that dream. We don’t just sell and build new homes; we also manage the business and its team members, acquire land, develop land, provide customer service, and have accounting and administrative functions that support our business operations.
Summary of Position Requirements
As a Project Assistant, you’ll be responsible for playing a supportive role in the quality construction of our customer’s homes. You will assist in the entire home building process, while going through the training required to develop into a Construction Superintendent. You’ll draw upon your experience and the experience of a designated Construction Superintendent to follow-through on company construction standards and will offer fair, prompt, and courteous attention to address customer concerns and manage that customer relationship.
- Focus on the training and supervision of trade partners utilizing job schedules and trade scopes of work.
- Oversee the construction, inspection, and scheduling of the entire home to ensure the home is completed within the allotted cycle time.
- Ensure all work is done by trades meets or exceeds quality standards.
- Strive to deliver a “Zero Punch List” home by being hands on with the finishing stages of the home. Correcting and fine tuning a home so it meets our quality standards.
- Maintain the community appearance, showcase homes, models and sales center.Be responsible to clearly communicate with a Construction Superintendent, Sales Manager, Trade base, and Home Owners.
- Provide trade partner feedback to your supervisor concerning the trade partner’s overall performance.
- Approve trade partner POs upon satisfactory completion of work and validate all material deliveries for quantity and condition.
- Walk assigned homes twice a day at a minimum
- Ensure job site cleanliness, Safety and SWPPP compliance as required by State & Federal guidelines as well as company policy.
- Attend construction meetings and training classes as scheduled
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Must possess strong time management & organizational skills
- Must Possess strong interpersonal skills
- Must be computer literate and comfortable using phone applications, word and excel
- Must have current Driver’s License and good driving record
- Must have valid auto insurance
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Some college preferred
- Construction and/or customer relations experience is a plus