Spring Cleaning While You’re Staying at Home
Quarantine may be coming to an end, but that doesn’t mean it’s too late to tackle that to-do list. While each Elite-built residence is thoughtfully designed with energy-efficient features and elegant finishes, they can still use a good spring cleaning to help you get the most possible enjoyment out of your home. Continue reading for five tips to get your home in top shape during these quarantine times.
Five Tips For Quarantine Cleaning
- Start with what you don’t use: While this may seem obvious, there are likely plenty of things laying around the house that you no longer need. Many organizations like Goodwill are beginning to take donations again, so pack up the clutter that may be useful to someone else and donate it to a local nonprofit. If there’s anything you haven’t used for a while, but you aren’t ready to part ways with, store it in your basement or closet with a note to your future self saying to donate it if it’s still unused by this time next year.
- Store holiday decorations: If your December decorations are still on display, this is the perfect time to put them away. Neatly organize them into plastic storage totes and then label the outside of the totes so you know what each one holds. Put the totes in your basement or closet in an organized manner so it’s easy to take them out (and put them back) when the season rolls around again.
- Organize your closets: It’s easy to fall into a habit of throwing stuff into your closet to hide the mess behind closed doors, but that doesn’t make it any easier for you to find what you’re looking for. Take everything out of your closet, then put the items back in their designated places, while getting rid of the things that you no longer use. This will make it that much easier to find the perfect outfit when quarantine ends and you make your way back out into the world.
- Clean out your kitchen: That bottle of ketchup in the back of the fridge. That junk drawer that barely closes. Those restaurant cups that have piled up over the years. Now’s the time for all of them to go. Start with your cabinets, then food pantry, refrigerator, and freezer. You can put the kitchenware that you don’t use in that donation box from tip #1. Even your canned goods that you aren’t going to eat may be of use for your local food kitchen.
- Deep clean the bathrooms: Go beyond your everyday clean to really get the germs out of your bathroom. Scrub the tubs, showers, toilets, and sinks. Clean off the counters and clean out the drawers and cabinets. Organize everything with trays and baskets that can store all your toiletries and miscellaneous items in an easy yet attractive way.
How Do You Clean?
Have any amazing cleaning tips we may have missed? Let us know on Facebook or Twitter #SpringCleaning.